Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School Board Meeting
Monday, November 17, 2014 6:30PM
161 Lower Westfield Road, Holyoke
1. Public Comment -10 Minutes
2. Review and acceptance of minutes from the October Board Meeting
3. Discussion: Preparation for DESE Site Visit Meeting on Tuesday
4. Parent’s Report
5. Student’s Report
6. Staff Report
7. Old Business: Discussion of Board Training Consultants.
8. President’s Report: Adoption Of Goals for 2014-2015 as discussed at Board Retreat.
9. Election Of Officers: Slate of officers – Lillian Miranda, President, Tom Weiner, vice-president, Priscilla Baez, clerk, Keith Purcell, Treasurer
10. Finance Committee Report: October Financials, Recommendation from Finance Committee on New Building Site
11. Principal’s Report:
12. Executive Director’s Report: Recommendation from Site Committee on Permanent Home for the school.
13. New Business:
Paulo Freire Charter School has an opening for a 9th grade student. If you are interested in attending our school this year, please complete an application and deliver or mail it to: 161 Lower Westfield Road, Holyoke MA.
PFSJCS ninth grade students were recently asked, “What excites you most about being part of this school?” and this is what they had to say:
“That we are all a huge family and everyone cares.”
“The new experience of freedom.”
“Learning in a better environment.”
“Being able to go to a free awesome school that can let you into your first choice college.”
“The hardworking teachers. The safe learning environment.”
“The teachers are respectful.”
“I love this whole school, it’s such a positive environment.”
“I really like the freedom that is given to us, and the relaxing feel the school has.”
“The way they teach and run this school and the relationships they try to build with students.”
“What really excites me is that I can be myself here. I can be who I am.”
The Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School (PFSJCS) is a public high school preparing students for college success while inspiring them to be active and effective citizens.
PFSJCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, limited English proficiency, sexual orientation, disability, or housing status.
Join Our School Community
You can help support our school through Membership, Volunteering, and/or Donations. If you are interested in becoming a member or volunteering, please write to us at: Paulofreirecharter@gmail.com
Please click the donate button below and it will take you to Paypal. All Donations are greatly appreciated and will go to fund furniture, equipment and supplies for the school.
$50.00 = a chair
$75.00 = a desk
$125.00= desk/chair set