The next pfsjcs board meeting is scheduled to meet on February 9, 2015 at 6pm in the board room at 161 Lower westfield road.
1. Public Comment -10 Minutes
2. Review and acceptance of minutes from the December Board Meeting- (5 minutes)
3. Discussion: Presentation by our auditor, Kistoffer Lane CPA (25 minutes)
4. Parent’s Report (10 Minutes)
5. Student’s Report (10 Minutes)
6. Staff Report (10 Minutes)
7. Old Business: Discussion of Board Training Consultants. (5 Minutes)
8. President’s Report: Adoption Of Goals for 2014-2015 as discussed at Board Retreat. (Tabled from November meeting) (15 Minutes)
9. Finance Committee Report: December Financials. Amended Annual Budget (10 Minutes)
10. Principal’s Report: Restorative Justice Training, 2nd Semester Essentials, Partnership w/HCC (10 Minutes)
11. Executive Director’s Report: Discussion of DESE site visit and their initial feedback. Dean of Students, Joseph Wise: Update on Discipline and Suspensions (10 Minutes)
12. New Business: (10 Minutes)
The Paulo Freire Social Justice Charter School (PFSJCS) is a public high school preparing students for college success while inspiring them to be active and effective citizens.
PFSJCS ninth grade students were recently asked, “What excites you most about being part of this school?” and this is what they had to say:
“That we are all a huge family and everyone cares.”
“The new experience of freedom.”
“Learning in a better environment.”
“Being able to go to a free awesome school that can let you into your first choice college.”
“The hardworking teachers. The safe learning environment.”
“The teachers are respectful.”
“I love this whole school, it’s such a positive environment.”
“I really like the freedom that is given to us, and the relaxing feel the school has.”
“The way they teach and run this school and the relationships they try to build with students.”
“What really excites me is that I can be myself here. I can be who I am.”
PFSJCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, limited English proficiency, sexual orientation, disability, or housing status.
Join Our School Community
You can help support our school through Membership, Volunteering, and/or Donations. If you are interested in becoming a member or volunteering, please write to us at: Paulofreirecharter@gmail.com
Please click the donate button below and it will take you to Paypal. All Donations are greatly appreciated and will go to fund furniture, equipment and supplies for the school.
$50.00 = a chair
$75.00 = a desk
$125.00= desk/chair set