MassSave has announced a HVAC training specifically for youth 18-25! Young adults participating in this program will join the more than two million Americans in the largest sector in the U.S. clean economy. Gain hands-on industry experience by enrolling in the Clean Energy Pathways program to start your career in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) or weatherization.
• A three-month, fully paid, 40 hours per week internship with a reputable contractor.
• Wages starting at $20.00 per hour. ( for entire 3 months of training).
• Access to additional certifications and professional development opportunities.
• Job placement assistance provided either with current employer or with another reputable contractor.
• Must be a Massachusetts resident between the ages of 18–25.
• Must live in Springfield ( surrounding areas) or Worcester.
• Must pass a background check and drug screening.
• Priority will be given to applicants with prior HVAC experience/training or that have an interest in weatherization.
The Clean Energy Pathways program aims to boost the energy efficiency workforce. In MassSave’s first cohort was training youth 18-25 to become Weatherization Technicians. I am proud to say MassHire Springfield YouthWorks Career Center has three young adults ages 20 who have officially completed this program as of June 10, 2022 and will be working as full time weatherization technicians at companies here in Western Mass. Their average salary for the year will be $40,000!
To learn more information & to apply to the program click on this link - https://masshirespringfield.org/masssave/. Though the deadline is June 14, 2022. The deadline has been extend for this area. If you and or the potential participant has any questions, please give me a call or send